- 1 How can I get cheap Broadway tickets?
- 2 How much are theater tickets in NYC?
- 3 How much do Broadway tickets cost?
- 4 Where do you buy same day tickets for Broadway shows?
- 5 Are Broadway matinees cheaper?
- 6 What is the best way to buy tickets for Broadway shows?
- 7 What is the best day to see a Broadway show?
- 8 What tickets are available at TKTS?
- 9 How much do Broadway actors make?
- 10 What is the most expensive Broadway show?
- 11 Are box office tickets cheaper?
- 12 How should I dress for a Broadway show?
- 13 How much are tickets at TKTS booth?
- 14 What does the TKTS booth do?
How can I get cheap Broadway tickets?
How to get discounted Broadway tickets
- Head to a TKTS booth. Actually, there are three of them.
- Join TDF. The Theater Development Fund (TDF) is TKTS’ parent organization, and offers other discounts as well.
- Enter lotteries.
How much are theater tickets in NYC?
Broadway shows offer tickets at many different price points. Regular Price tickets generally range from $20 to $175. You can expect to pay higher prices for the best seats to hit shows on weekend nights.
How much do Broadway tickets cost?
And in recent years, ticket prices have risen, reaching an average paid admission of $123.87 for the 2018-19 season, the most recent statistics available. That’s up 80 cents from a year earlier, but up $14.66 from 2016-17, according to the Broadway League.
Where do you buy same day tickets for Broadway shows?
For more than 40 years, the TKTS booth in Times Square (47th Street and Broadway) has been selling same-day discounted tickets. It opens at 3pm most days (in late morning on matinee days), and the discounts range from 20 to 50 percent on Broadway and Off-Broadway shows.
Are Broadway matinees cheaper?
A lot of Broadway shows have Wednesday matinee shows at 2 p.m. or 3 p.m. Wednesday matinee discount tickets can be 10%- 50% less than the regular ticket prices, and are available for anyone.
What is the best way to buy tickets for Broadway shows?
For easy ticketing on the go, visit Broadway or download the Broadway app for Android or for iOS for easy ticketing on the go. You can also purchase tickets to most Broadway shows online at Telecharge, Ticketmaster, PlayBill or TheaterMania. Service charges may be added to the price of your tickets.
What is the best day to see a Broadway show?
Thursday night performances are the most desired, followed by Tuesday nights. Oddly enough, Wednesday night is relegated to fifth place, with Friday night taking third and Saturday night fourth.
What tickets are available at TKTS?
The TKTS ticket stands offer same-day discount tickets to Broadway shows, Off-Broadway, and some other arts events at up to 50% off their original prices. The discounts for some shows are 50% but other show can often be found at just 20%, 30% and 40% off the normal face value of the tickets.
How much do Broadway actors make?
The salaries of Broadway Actors in the US range from $26,063 to $708,331, with a median salary of $127,367. The middle 57% of Broadway Actors makes between $127,369 and $320,944, with the top 86% making $708,331.
What is the most expensive Broadway show?
Most Expensive Broadway Musicals
- Shrek- The Musical- $27.6 million:
- Lion King: $27.5 million:
- Beauty and the Beast: $17.4 million.
- Wicked- $16.9 million:
- The Little Mermaid: $16.6 million.
- Tarzan: $16 million.
- Dance of the Vampires: $15.2 million.
- The Phantom of the Opera: $14.2 million.
Are box office tickets cheaper?
Going straight to the box office can save you big bucks. These fees can sometimes tack on more than 50 percent to the cost of a ticket, so I’ve decided to find out if making a little bit more effort – by going to the venue’s physical box office to buy tickets – is a worthwhile money saver.
How should I dress for a Broadway show?
Whether you go day or night, it’s definitely an event to go to a Broadway show, and many people like to dress up a bit. After all, it’s the theater, dahling. We recommend pants and a nice blouse, or a dress. Longer hemlines are more appropriate for theater shows, cutting off at the knee or lower.
How much are tickets at TKTS booth?
In general, a Broadway ticket at the booth, discounted at 50%, will be somewhere between $75 – $95. Top prices for Off Broadway shows are somewhat less expensive than Broadway shows. Generally, an Off Broadway show at 50% discount will cost around $50.
What does the TKTS booth do?
TKTS Discount Booths are the perfect way for everyone to experience the arts in New York City at affordable prices. Choose from a wide array of Broadway and Off Broadway musicals, plays, and dance productions on sale every day at 20% to 50% off regular prices.