- 1 What does the National Youth Theatre do?
- 2 Is the National Youth Theatre hard to get into?
- 3 Is National Youth Theatre competitive?
- 4 How much does the National Youth Theatre cost?
- 5 How do I become an actor?
- 6 Is the National Youth Theatre free?
- 7 How do I join the National Youth Theatre?
- 8 How do I get involved in local Theatre?
What does the National Youth Theatre do?
National Youth Theatre gives young people the opportunity to learn as much about themselves and how to relate to others, as they do about acting and technical theatre.
Is the National Youth Theatre hard to get into?
All applicants for membership attend an audition workshop to compete for a place on a summer course. Only a tiny minority get accepted. Over several weeks earlier this year, they auditioned more than 5,000 hopefuls for the National Youth Theatre summer courses. Less than one in ten applicants is accepted.
Is National Youth Theatre competitive?
We meet nearly 5,000 young people every year and can only offer around 500 places on the acting courses making the programme highly competitive. However, if you’re not successful this time there are still so many ways to be involved with the organisation.
How much does the National Youth Theatre cost?
Company Membership costs £35-a-year (£2.90 a month). Other than this annual fee, there are no additional costs associated with Company Membership: benefits are included, training offered is free; taking part in a production is free; the REP Company is free; are bursaries are available to support participation.
How do I become an actor?
Steps to Becoming an Actor
- Jump into theater in high school. The path to acting careers can actually begin in high school plays and musicals.
- Get experience outside of school.
- Get educated.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Build up an acting resume.
- Hire an agent.
- Latest Posts.
Is the National Youth Theatre free?
Inspired by the traditional repertory theatre model, the NYT REP Company is a free alternative to formal education offering practical, industry-based full-time talent development in drama and performance over nine months to 16 NYT members, who also receieve bursary support amd subsistence.
How do I join the National Youth Theatre?
Become a National Youth Theatre Member (Ages 13+)
- Join the Hub.
- Submit an Audition Tape or Book a Backstage Interview via the Hub Notice Board.
- Wait to hear back in May 2021 if you’ve successfully gained a place on our Summer Courses.
How do I get involved in local Theatre?
How to Get Involved in Community Theater
- See Shows and Read Reviews. You might have just one choice for a community theater to support in a small town or rural area but in larger cities, there’s likely myriad theatrical opportunities.
- Volunteer Behind the Scenes.
- Take Classes.
- Audition to Act.
- Apply as Artistic Staff.