What do I need to pre wire in a new house?
Here are the categories I like to prewire (rough) in new construction and remodels:
- Video – TVs, Projectors & Video Distribution.
- Surround Sound – Primary & Secondary Surround Sounds.
- Home Audio.
- Service Providers – Cable, Satellite, & Internet.
- Surveillance Cameras.
- Home Security.
- Network & Wifi.
How do you hide surround sound wires?
Best Ways to Hide Speaker Wire and Audio Cables
- Use existing room décor.
- Use cable clips with integrated nails to affix speaker cables to the baseboards in the room.
- Take advantage of light strips.
- Route the cables under throw rugs or even the carpet in the room.
- Stick speaker wire to the wall.
Which speaker wire is best for home Theatre?
Thick wires like 13 or 14 AWG are recommended for long wire runs, as it yields desirable results and high power applications.
How can I hide my wires?
8 Genius Ways to Hide Every Wire in Your Home
- Hook Cords to the Back of Your Furniture.
- Feed Wires Through a TV Stand.
- Hide TV Wires in Plain Sight.
- Run TV Wires Behind the Wall.
- Tuck Cord Chaos Into Tubing.
- Slip Them Into a Drawer.
- Snake Them Through Baseboard Accessories.
- Stash Wires and Routers In a “Book”
What is the difference between CL2 and CL3 wire?
The difference between the two is that CL2 is rated for up to 150 volts while CL3 is rated for up to 300 volts. (NEC 725.71 F) According to NEC 725.2, CL2 offers some protection from electric shock while CL3 offers a bit more because it is rated to carry more voltage.
What is the best wire for wiring a house?
Uniflex Cables Ltd.
- #1. Polycab Wires:
- #2. Havells India Ltd:
- #3. Finolex Cables Ltd:
- #4. Sterlite Tech cables:
- #5. Plaza Cables:
- #6. KEI Industries Ltd:
- #7. RR Kabel:
- #8. V-Guard Industries Ltd:
Are smart wires worth it?
Whichever route you take, the good news is that as well as ‘future proofing’ your home, Smart Wiring also adds to the value of your home, so if you are thinking of selling up at some stage in the near future or you’re building an investment property, Smart Wiring is a nice way to add a bit of value.
What is pre wire?
Prewire meaning To install a wiring system in advance of it being used or needed.