- 1 How do I get my TV to play through my surround sound?
- 2 What is ARC for HDMI?
- 3 How do I connect my surround sound to my TV without HDMI?
- 4 Why is my surround sound not working with my TV?
- 5 How do I get sound through HDMI?
- 6 What is better for sound HDMI or optical?
- 7 Why is audio not working through HDMI?
- 8 Why is HDMI ARC not working?
- 9 How do I connect my Samsung TV to my stereo?
- 10 How do I know if my HDMI cable is ARC?
- 11 How do I get HDMI ARC to work?
- 12 Does HDMI ARC work for all inputs?
How do I get my TV to play through my surround sound?
The two most common methods to allow the television sound be heard through the speakers of a stereo receiver or home theater system are:
- HDMI connection using the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature.
- Connection using Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio Cable.
What is ARC for HDMI?
The Audio Return Channel (ARC) connects your TV and audio system with a single High Speed HDMI® cable and eliminates the need for an additional composite audio or optical cable. Connecting an ARC-compatible audio system to an ARC-compatible TV allows the following: Send audio from the TV to the audio system.
How do I connect my surround sound to my TV without HDMI?
How do you connect a TV to a receiver without HDMI? You can use any RCA audio cables, a composite video cable, a 5-cable component RCA video cable, or an HDMI converter that matches the input option you have available.
Why is my surround sound not working with my TV?
Try different cables to verify this is not a bad set of cables. Try setting the Audio/Video (A/V) receiver to a different Surround Sound mode. Check each speaker to make sure they are properly connected to the A/V receiver. Perform a Test Tone function to verify if the speakers are working correctly.
How do I get sound through HDMI?
Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on ” Playback Devices ” to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the “Playback” tab, select “Digital Output Device” or “HDMI” as the default device, click “Set Default” and click “OK” to save the changes.
What is better for sound HDMI or optical?
The major difference is that HDMI cables can pass higher resolution audio which includes formats found on Blu-ray like Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master audio. Fiber optic cables won’t be able to transmit these high-res sound formats. You will get quality sound only as you get with HDMI cable.
Why is audio not working through HDMI?
Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI input of the TV and connect the source device to a different TV. If there is still no sound, perform a power reset on the TV. If there is still no sound after power resetting the TV, replace the HDMI cable. Perform a factory reset.
Why is HDMI ARC not working?
Clear cache and clear data on your Android TV device. Perform a power reset on the TV and audio system: Reconnect the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN (ARC or eARC) input of the TV and the HDMI OUT (ARC or eARC) of the audio system. Connect the power cords of both the TV and audio system, and turn on both devices.
How do I connect my Samsung TV to my stereo?
Method 1: RCA Connection
- Using the analog stereo cables at your disposal, connect the mini-stereo plug (3.5mm) to your TV’s audio output.
- Subsequently, connect the same RCA plugs to your home theater system’s audio in ports.
- After this, turn on your home theater and follow the instructions that will follow.
How do I know if my HDMI cable is ARC?
Check the HDMI connections on the back of your TV, soundbar, or receiver. If the HDMI port has ARC, it should be marked as such. Both your TV and the soundbar or receiver must have ARC for it to work. Note the tiny ARC label on the HDMI Out of this receiver.
How do I get HDMI ARC to work?
How to activate the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature
- Press the Menu or Home button on the receiver remote. NOTE: The menu should displayed on the TV screen. If not, check you connections.
- Select Settings.
- Press Enter.
- Select HDMI Control or CTR. HDMI.
- Press Enter.
- Select ON or CTRL ON.
- Press Enter.
Does HDMI ARC work for all inputs?
Essentially, the HDMI ARC port lets you use HDMI as both an input and an audio output. Anything that works with the HDMI 1.4 standard should support ARC, but check the documentation for your specific devices to be sure.