- 1 What was the first ever musical Theatre?
- 2 Who made the first ever musical?
- 3 Who were two of the most famous musical theater composers?
- 4 What is the oldest hymn?
- 5 What is the oldest music genre?
- 6 What is the longest running musical?
- 7 What is the most played song ever?
- 8 What is the greatest musical of all time?
- 9 Who is the most famous musical Theatre composer?
- 10 Who is the most famous composer?
- 11 Who is the most famous film music composers?
What was the first ever musical Theatre?
The first theater piece that conforms to the modern conception of a musical is generally considered to be The Black Crook, which premiered in New York on September 12, 1866. The production was a staggering five-and-a-half hours long, but despite its length, it ran for a record-breaking 474 performances.
Who made the first ever musical?
The musical as we know it has some of its roots in the French and Viennese Operettas of the 1800s. The satiric works of Jacques Offenbach (Paris) and the romantic comedies of Johann Strauss II (Vienna) were the first musicals to achieve international popularity.
Who were two of the most famous musical theater composers?
We’ve compiled our top 10 list of musical theatre composers in a handy list:
- Stephen Sondheim. This American lyricist and composer has a career spanning more than 50 decades.
- George Gershwin.
- Jeanine Tesori.
- Oscar Hammerstein II.
- Leonard Bernstein.
- Irving Berlin.
- Alan Menken.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber.
What is the oldest hymn?
The Hurrian Hymn was discovered in the 1950s on a clay tablet inscribed with Cuneiform text. It’s the oldest surviving melody and is over 3,400 years old. The hymn was discovered on a clay tablet in Ugarit, now part of modern-day Syria, and is dedicated the Hurrians’ goddess of the orchards Nikkal.
What is the oldest music genre?
ountry music is America’s oldest musical genre and is arguably its most diverse. Its roots lie in such disparate elements as English folk balladry, Mississippi Delta blues, Irish fiddle tunes, French/Cajun music, Vaudeville, Southern gospel, Mexican conjunto, German polkas and Victorian pop songs.
What is the longest running musical?
The Phantom of the Opera The longest-running show in Broadway history officially opened on January 26, 1988 and is still playing at the Majestic The Andrew Lloyd Webber musical won 7 1988 Tony Awards® including Best Musical.
What is the most played song ever?
Probably, but for the sake of it, here are the 10 most popular songs in the world according to YouTube.
- Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft.
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of You – 5.4 billion views.
- Wiz Khalifa – See You Again ft.
- Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk ft.
- PSY – Gangnam Style – 4.1 billion views.
- Justin Bieber – Sorry – 3.4 billion views.
What is the greatest musical of all time?
Readers’ Poll: The 10 Best Musicals of All Time
- ‘West Side Story’ The passion and rebellion of West Side Story still lingers today.
- ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’
- ‘Les Misérables’
- ‘The Rocky Horror Show’
Who is the most famous musical Theatre composer?
Top 5 Composers and Lyricists of Musical Theatre
- 5 – Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- 4 – Sir Tim Rice.
- 3 – Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II.
- 2 – Andrew Lloyd Webber.
- 1 – Stephen Sondheim.
Who is the most famous composer?
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770–1827) The German composer and pianist Ludwig van Beethoven is widely regarded as the greatest composer who ever lived.
Who is the most famous film music composers?
The 10 Best Film Music Composers Of All-Time, Ranked
- 1 John Williams. John Williams is the man behind the music to Jaws, Star Wars, Superman, and several of the most popular movies ever made.
- 2 Henry Mancini.
- 3 Max Steiner.
- 4 Ennio Morricone.
- 5 Bernard Herrmann.
- 6 John Barry.
- 7 Hans Zimmer.
- 8 Jerry Goldsmith.