- 1 Are the stalls or circle better seats?
- 2 What are the stalls in a theatre?
- 3 Why are stalls in a theatre called stalls?
- 4 Where’s the best place to sit in a theatre?
- 5 Where is the best place to sit at the London Palladium?
- 6 Are front row theatre seats good?
- 7 Why is the dress circle called the dress circle?
- 8 Are balcony seats good?
- 9 Are balcony seats good at a concert?
- 10 Whats the balcony called in a theatre?
- 11 What is dress circle seating?
- 12 How long is frozen the musical?
- 13 Is it better to sit in the orchestra or mezzanine?
- 14 How important are the music and sound effects in a play?
Are the stalls or circle better seats?
As a rule rows 6-8 in the stalls tend to offer the best views. The dress circle – Also sometimes called the Royal Circle, first balcony or mezzanine, the dress circle is the next tier of seating above the stalls. Upper circle seats are usually about the same price as the rear stalls.
What are the stalls in a theatre?
– Stalls is the same as Orchestra or Orchestra Stalls in the USA. They are the lowest seating section of the theatre and normally closest to the stage. – Dress Circle, aka Royal Circle or Circle, is the same as Mezzanine in the USA and is the next tier of seating above the Stalls.
Why are stalls in a theatre called stalls?
Horses and other animals can be found in stalls which are small spaces, just like the cheaper seats in the theatre. Yanks also use the term ‘stall’ as a small space to sit down for a crap.
Where’s the best place to sit in a theatre?
Typically, stalls seats can be regarded as some of the best seats in the auditorium, due to their close proximity to the stage. If you’re sitting in the first few rows of the stalls seats, you may even be able to touch the stage and see performers blink.
Where is the best place to sit at the London Palladium?
The best seats are in the central section around rows M and P, which provide excellent views of the whole stage. The overhang from the level above slightly restricts the view from rows further back, but not significantly. The section is well raked, giving good views over the heads of the audience in front.
Are front row theatre seats good?
The front rows of the dress circle are among the best seats in a theatre – especially for dance productions and musicals with a strong dance element.
Why is the dress circle called the dress circle?
– So called because it is a circular row of seats at an entertainment, the spectators of which are expected to be in dress clothes. See also related terms for seats.
Are balcony seats good?
Balcony. The balcony seats tend to be pretty high up, but they might be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, you might be better off with front balcony seats than with rear mezzanine, especially at older theaters such as the Lyceum, the Belasco, and the Shubert.
Are balcony seats good at a concert?
The balcony seats will probably be the cheapest choice, but won’t be great seats. You would probably need to bring binoculars or opera glasses. If the theater has just a single upper level, it’s usually called the “balcony.” The first couple of rows in the mezzanine are usually closer to the stage than orchestra seats.
Whats the balcony called in a theatre?
Balconies or galleries: one or more raised seating platforms towards the rear of the auditorium. In larger theaters, multiple levels are stacked vertically above or behind the stalls. The first level is usually called the dress circle or grand circle. The next level may be the loge, from the French version of loggia.
What is dress circle seating?
: the first or lowest curved tier of seats above the main floor in a theater or opera house.
How long is frozen the musical?
FROZEN is over two hours long, including one intermission.
Is it better to sit in the orchestra or mezzanine?
Closer up on the sides, close to the aisle, can be better than center orchestra farther back. Mezzanine seating can offer a more panoramic view and, if you’re in the first row or two, you’ll often be closer to the stage than you would have been in the orchestra.
How important are the music and sound effects in a play?
Sound is important because it engages audiences: it helps deliver information, it increases the production value, it evokes emotional responses, it emphasises what’s on the screen and is used to indicate mood.