- 1 How do I connect my home theater system to my TV and cable box?
- 2 How do I connect my home theater to my TV and DSTV?
- 3 How do I connect my TV to my HDMI receiver?
- 4 How do I connect my sound system to my cable box?
- 5 How do I connect my surround sound to my TV without HDMI?
- 6 What is the difference between HDMI and HDMI ARC?
- 7 How do I connect my old TV to my new receiver?
- 8 What is ARC for HDMI?
- 9 How do I get sound through HDMI?
How do I connect my home theater system to my TV and cable box?
Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT of the source device. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN on the A/V receiver or Home Theatre system. Using a second HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT of the A/V receiver or Home Theatre system. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an HDMI IN on the TV.
How do I connect my home theater to my TV and DSTV?
Go to Parts and Accessories.
- Connect a Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio cable to the Audio Output jack on your TV.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the corresponding jacks on the A/V receiver or home theater system.
- Turn on your TV.
How do I connect my TV to my HDMI receiver?
Make sure that the TV and receiver are connected using an HDMI cable. Connect the cable to the HDMI port that is labeled ARC or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC. Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on both the TV and the receiver or home theater system.
How do I connect my sound system to my cable box?
How Do I Connect the TV, Cable and Surround Sound with HDMI?
- Turn off the power to all of your audio-video components.
- Insert the plug at one end of an HDMI cable into the matching jack on your cable TV box.
- Insert the other end of the cable into any HDMI input on the back of your surround sound receiver.
How do I connect my surround sound to my TV without HDMI?
Whether it’s your TV, your receiver, or both devices that don’t have HDMI connections available, you can use an RCA cable and/or a converter to connect the two. You’re never more than a few cables away from getting the sound off your Television and into your sound system.
What is the difference between HDMI and HDMI ARC?
HDMI and HDMI ARC are, for the most part, the same. The difference occurs on the receiver side. The attached device has to be ARC compatible, otherwise, it won’t work. Most soundbars have a port labelled HDMI ARC, similar to the one on your TV.
How do I connect my old TV to my new receiver?
Connect your cable box directoy to the TV with HDMI cable. Connect audio out (if available) from cable box to audio in (tape, CD) of the receiver. If your cable box does not have audio out, use analog audio out from the TV instead. It halfway worked!
What is ARC for HDMI?
The Audio Return Channel (ARC) connects your TV and audio system with a single High Speed HDMI® cable and eliminates the need for an additional composite audio or optical cable. Connecting an ARC-compatible audio system to an ARC-compatible TV allows the following: Send audio from the TV to the audio system.
How do I get sound through HDMI?
Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on ” Playback Devices ” to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the “Playback” tab, select “Digital Output Device” or “HDMI” as the default device, click “Set Default” and click “OK” to save the changes.