- 1 Where should I eat after a play in London?
- 2 What can tourists do at the West End?
- 3 Why is West End important?
- 4 What is the West End of London known for?
- 5 What does pre Theatre menu mean?
- 6 Is the West End in central London?
- 7 Is West End London safe?
- 8 What can visitor see in the West End of London?
- 9 Is the West End posh?
- 10 How much do West End performers earn?
- 11 What part of London is the West End?
- 12 Is West London rich?
- 13 Is Covent Garden West End?
- 14 What is classed as the East End of London?
Where should I eat after a play in London?
Pre and post-theatre dining
- Kerridge’s Bar & Grill. 10 Northumberland Avenue, Whitehall, London, WC2N 5AE.
- Cafe Murano Covent Garden. 36 Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 7PB.
- Nopi. 21-22 Warwick Street, Soho, London, W1B 5NE.
- Joe Allen.
- Hawksmoor Air Street.
- The Botanist Sloane Square.
- Chucs Belgravia.
- Quo Vadis.
What can tourists do at the West End?
The West End is home to some of London’s top attractions, including much- loved museums, gorgeous galleries and fun things to do for all ages. Grab a selfie in front of the iconic lights at Piccadilly Circus. See world-class art at The National Gallery or The Royal Academy of Arts.
Why is West End important?
It brings in a remarkable amount of revenue, encourages tourism and helps drive unemployment levels down. The West End provides the foundation of the UK economy, and it is important that we do not take it for granted. In addition to this, it is key to our well-being as a nation.
What is the West End of London known for?
For centuries it has been known for its royal palaces, parklands, government offices, mansions, and exclusive shopping districts —in contrast to London’s more industrial and blue-collar East End. Among the neighbourhoods of the West End are Mayfair, St.
A prix fixe or pre theater menu is a set meal, usually 3 courses, (appetizer, entree, dessert) for a fixed amount. Selections are more limited than the regular a la carte menu. No, you don’t have to prove you’re going to the theater and these menus are often good bargains if you like what they offer as the entrees.
Is the West End in central London?
The West End of London (commonly referred to as the West End) is a district of Central London, west of the City of London and north of the River Thames, in which many of the city’s major tourist attractions, shops, businesses, government buildings and entertainment venues, including West End theatres, are concentrated.
Is West End London safe?
“London is one of the safest major cities in the world and crime continues to fall and overall crime in Westminster is down by 16.4%.
What can visitor see in the West End of London?
London’s West End
- Shopping itinerary. Regent Street. Bond Street.
- Leicester Square. Chinatown. Piccadilly.
- Kingly Court. St James’s. St Christopher’s Place.
- The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience London. London Transport Museum. National Gallery.
Is the West End posh?
The West End, meanwhile, certainly has its posh areas for those who are into that sort of thing – Bond Street and Mayfair, for example, are known for their designer boutiques – although you’ll also find some of the city’s oldest pubs in this part of London.
How much do West End performers earn?
The minimum weekly wage for actors in venues with a capacity of over 1,100 seats is £695, £632 for 800 to 1,099 seats, and £569 for any theatre that has 799 seats or fewer. By comparison, the minimum wage for Broadway performers is $2,034 a week, or £1,430 at today’s exchange rates.
What part of London is the West End?
‘The West End’ is a broad term used to describe the areas in London including Oxford Street and Marble Arch, Leicester Square and Covent Garden, & Mayfair and Piccadilly.
Is West London rich?
West London is nearly five times wealthier than anywhere else in UK – beating the Brussels elite to the top-spot in European wealth stats. The Notting Hill set is also the most affluent in Europe: their GDP per capita is more than six times the continental average of €27,500.
Is Covent Garden West End?
Set in London’s West End, Covent Garden is a major draw for visitors and Londoners who enjoy its many attractions, including shopping, theatre, restaurants, bars, history and culture.
What is classed as the East End of London?
East End, traditional area of London, lying east of Shoreditch High Street, Houndsditch, Aldgate High Street, and Tower Bridge Approach. It extends eastward to the River Lea and lies mainly in the Inner London borough of Tower Hamlets, part of the historic county of Middlesex.