- 1 What do you wear to a community theater audition?
- 2 What color should you not wear to an audition?
- 3 What should I bring to a theater audition?
- 4 What do you do at a Theatre audition?
- 5 What is the best color to wear to an audition?
- 6 How should I wear my hair for an audition?
- 7 Is it OK to wear black to an audition?
- 8 How do you know an audition went well?
- 9 How do you introduce yourself in an audition?
- 10 How do you win a singing audition?
- 11 Should I wear makeup to an audition?
- 12 How do you ace a musical audition?
- 13 What should you not sing at a musical Theatre audition?
- 14 What are theater auditions?
What do you wear to a community theater audition?
Nice jeans, fashionable sneakers, boots, dresses, skirts, jumpsuits, dress pants, button-down shirts, etc…are all acceptable. A suit jacket is probably too formal, and a tie is not mandatory with a button-down shirt, but you can wear a tie or bow tie, if it suits your personal style.
What color should you not wear to an audition?
For on-camera auditions, avoid wearing red, white or black. White is a no-no for the camera because it tends to create a green shadow around you and glares.
What should I bring to a theater audition?
4 Things to Bring to Your Audition (That You Might Forget)
- A Journal. The minute you leave your audition it’s all going to feel like a blur.
- Change of Clothes. If you are auditioning for Musical Theatre or Dance, you know that you will need a change of clothes for the dance calls.
- Extra Headshots and Resumes.
What do you do at a Theatre audition?
Tips for Auditioning
- Be prepared. If you are asked to present a song or monologue, prepare your piece well.
- Be kind to everyone and smile.
- Be on time for your appointment.
- Use your waiting time wisely.
- Dress appropriately.
- Introduce yourself.
- Don’t watch the directors.
- Mistakes happen.
What is the best color to wear to an audition?
Grey, blue, and other neutral colors work best for auditions. Try to avoid white backdrops or any distracting patterns in the background. Also, take note of what clothes you’re wearing. If you’re using a blue backdrop, don’t wear a blue shirt (you don’t want to look like a floating head).
How should I wear my hair for an audition?
Your hair can either be something nobody notices, or one of the most distracting parts of your audition. You need to make a choice with your hair, whether it’s up or down for women, it needs to be kept out of your face. The same goes for men with long hair when it can become distracting during a performance.
Is it OK to wear black to an audition?
The basic on-camera rule is do not wear white since it “burns” the camera, and be aware that black will age you. Stick with solid colors that look good on you and stay away from busy high contrasting prints, stripes, and polka dots. Wear clothes that suggest your character.
How do you know an audition went well?
Here are some other good signs:
- The Director Stops What They’re Doing to Listen. Auditions are fun for directors, but they’re also taxing.
- The Director Makes a Special Request.
- The Accompanist Reacts Positively (A Very Good Sign in an Audition)
- You Felt Good About Your Performance.
How do you introduce yourself in an audition?
Your name and the role you’re auditioning for. For example, “Hi, my name is John Smith, and I’m reading for the role of Walter.” Your name and representation. If you don’t have an agent, you can say something like, “Hi, my name is John Smith and I ‘m self-represented.”
How do you win a singing audition?
To help you succeed in your audition, here are essential tips that you can do.
- Believe in yourself.
- Prepare to commit yourself totally.
- Choose the perfect song for your voice.
- Dress appropriately.
- Prepare fully.
- Practice, practice and practice.
- Rest a day before the auditions.
- Eat your breakfast on the day of the audition.
Should I wear makeup to an audition?
However, for most auditions, you simply want to use makeup to enhance your natural appearance and, more important, to give you that extra confidence to help you land your dream role. The most important thing to remember is that casting directors want to see the real you.
How do you ace a musical audition?
15 Tips to Nail Your Singing Audition
- Assume no one has ever heard your song before.
- Spit out your words.
- Keep your eyes open.
- Ask yourself, “Who am I singing this to?”
- Choose a song that speaks to you.
- It never hurts to speak certain lyrics.
- Be hopeful throughout your song.
- Throw a water bottle.
What should you not sing at a musical Theatre audition?
Top Songs to Avoid at an Audition
- “Popular” from Wicked.
- “Defying Gravity” from Wicked.
- “For Good” from Wicked.
- “Gimme Gimme” from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- “Not For the Life of Me” from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Misérables.
- “On My Own” from Les Misérables.
- “Bring Him Home” from Les Misérables.
What are theater auditions?
An audition is a sample performance by an actor, singer, musician, dancer or other performer. It typically involves the performer displaying their talent through a previously memorized and rehearsed solo piece or by performing a work or piece given to the performer at the audition or shortly before.