- 1 What do you wear to a dance audition?
- 2 What should I bring to a musical Theatre audition?
- 3 What is the best color to wear to an audition?
- 4 What do you wear to a musical Theatre class?
- 5 Can you wear jeans to an audition?
- 6 Should you wear makeup to a dance audition?
- 7 What should you not sing at a musical Theatre audition?
- 8 What should you not do in a musical audition?
- 9 How do you ace a musical Theatre audition?
- 10 Is it OK to wear black to an audition?
- 11 How do you introduce yourself in an audition?
- 12 How do you know an audition went well?
- 13 What shoes should I wear to a musical theatre?
- 14 What shoes do you wear for musical theatre dance?
What do you wear to a dance audition?
Instead, dancers should wear form-fitting clothing that shows their lines and that they are in shape. Even at a hip-hop audition, directors want to see your legs. Choose skinny jeans, or even boyfriend-fit jeans. If you’re auditioning for a musician, look at how his or her dancers have dressed in the past.
What should I bring to a musical Theatre audition?
4 Things to Bring to Your Audition (That You Might Forget)
- A Journal. The minute you leave your audition it’s all going to feel like a blur.
- Change of Clothes. If you are auditioning for Musical Theatre or Dance, you know that you will need a change of clothes for the dance calls.
- Extra Headshots and Resumes.
What is the best color to wear to an audition?
Grey, blue, and other neutral colors work best for auditions. Try to avoid white backdrops or any distracting patterns in the background. Also, take note of what clothes you’re wearing. If you’re using a blue backdrop, don’t wear a blue shirt (you don’t want to look like a floating head).
What do you wear to a musical Theatre class?
NOTE: ALL CLOTHING MUST LOOK DANCE PROFESSIONAL AND BE FORM-FITTING. Girls: Solid color leotard, jazz pants and/or dance shorts. All clothing must look dance professional and form fitting. Hair up and neatly secured off the face.
Can you wear jeans to an audition?
Keep It Casual Your clothes shouldn’t be a wrinkled mess, but you also shouldn’t be wearing business attire to an audition. A good pair of jeans can go a long way, and it’s worth investing in a pair for auditions alone. Women can get away with pretty much any clothing option, as long as it isn’t too revealing.
Should you wear makeup to a dance audition?
The Audition Makeup – An excellent rule to stick by is to wear the make-up you would usually wear to class, plus a little extra touch like lipstick or some eyelashes. Wear the level of make-up you’re used to and can handle. And avoid lip gloss if your hair is down.
What should you not sing at a musical Theatre audition?
Top Songs to Avoid at an Audition
- “Popular” from Wicked.
- “Defying Gravity” from Wicked.
- “For Good” from Wicked.
- “Gimme Gimme” from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- “Not For the Life of Me” from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Misérables.
- “On My Own” from Les Misérables.
- “Bring Him Home” from Les Misérables.
What should you not do in a musical audition?
Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid in Musical Theatre Auditions
- Not warming up. Warming up is probably the most important thing, and if you don’t you are probably making a big mistake.
- Lack of mental preparation.
- Choosing inappropriate songs.
- Focusing on just your voice.
- Bringing inappropriate sheet for your accompanist’s.
How do you ace a musical Theatre audition?
15 Tips to Nail Your Singing Audition
- Assume no one has ever heard your song before.
- Spit out your words.
- Keep your eyes open.
- Ask yourself, “Who am I singing this to?”
- Choose a song that speaks to you.
- It never hurts to speak certain lyrics.
- Be hopeful throughout your song.
- Throw a water bottle.
Is it OK to wear black to an audition?
The basic on-camera rule is do not wear white since it “burns” the camera, and be aware that black will age you. Stick with solid colors that look good on you and stay away from busy high contrasting prints, stripes, and polka dots. Wear clothes that suggest your character.
How do you introduce yourself in an audition?
Your name and the role you’re auditioning for. For example, “Hi, my name is John Smith, and I’m reading for the role of Walter.” Your name and representation. If you don’t have an agent, you can say something like, “Hi, my name is John Smith and I ‘m self-represented.”
How do you know an audition went well?
Here are some other good signs:
- The Director Stops What They’re Doing to Listen. Auditions are fun for directors, but they’re also taxing.
- The Director Makes a Special Request.
- The Accompanist Reacts Positively (A Very Good Sign in an Audition)
- You Felt Good About Your Performance.
What shoes should I wear to a musical theatre?
Low/mid heels and dress shoes are fine, as are flats, but avoid high heels and stilettos, as they affect your alignment and can be hard to sing and move in. A block heel or flat is best. Practice your pieces in your audition shoes!
What shoes do you wear for musical theatre dance?
Color is your choice. If you are NOT a musical theatre major, tap oxfords will be permitted. Men: your shoes should be oxfords with a sturdy sole. Jazz taps are NOT recommended.