- 1 How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
- 2 How do I connect my 2.1 home theater to my TV?
- 3 How do I connect my surround sound to my TV without HDMI?
- 4 How do I connect my Samsung home theater to my TV?
- 5 What is ARC for HDMI?
- 6 How do I connect speaker wire to my Smart TV?
- 7 How do I connect 5.1 speakers to my HDMI TV?
- 8 Do I need an HDMI cable for my Smart TV?
- 9 How do I connect my Smart TV to an amp without HDMI?
- 10 Can you connect HDMI wirelessly?
How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
Connect a Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio cable to the Audio Output jack on your TV. Connect the other end of the cable to the corresponding jacks on the A/V receiver or home theater system. Depending on your device, the audio input may be labeled TV INPUT or VIDEO INPUT.
How do I connect my 2.1 home theater to my TV?
How to Connect 2.1 Speakers to a TV
- Connect the plug on the end of each speaker cable to the corresponding left and right audio output jacks on the rear of the subwoofer.
- Hook up the plug on the end of the subwoofer cable to the smallest of the three jacks on the Y-adapter.
How do I connect my surround sound to my TV without HDMI?
How do you connect a TV to a receiver without HDMI? You can use any RCA audio cables, a composite video cable, a 5-cable component RCA video cable, or an HDMI converter that matches the input option you have available.
How do I connect my Samsung home theater to my TV?
First, you need to establish whether your TV has the HDMI-ARC port. In Samsung TVs, this port is usually labeled ARC on the back of the TV. Now turn off your TV as well as the home theater system. Next, connect the HDMI cable to both the HDMI-ARC/output of your home theater, and the HDMI port of your TV.
What is ARC for HDMI?
The Audio Return Channel (ARC) connects your TV and audio system with a single High Speed HDMI® cable and eliminates the need for an additional composite audio or optical cable. Connecting an ARC-compatible audio system to an ARC-compatible TV allows the following: Send audio from the TV to the audio system.
How do I connect speaker wire to my Smart TV?
How To Connect Speakers To TV With Speaker Wire
- At the rear of your TV or cable box, find the color-coded audio output jacks.
- Plug the red RCA audio cable into your TV’s red RCA audio jack and plug the white RCA audio cable into your white RCA audio jack.
- Switch on your TV and, one by one, check each speaker.
How do I connect 5.1 speakers to my HDMI TV?
The speakers in a surround system don’t directly connect to your TV. HDMI carries both audio and video in a single cable and delivers full surround sound.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI-Out port on your surround receiver.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to one of the HDMI-In ports on your TV.
Do I need an HDMI cable for my Smart TV?
Full HD TVs and regular Blu-ray players will need a standard HDMI 1.4 cable to connect them to other devices – like your Sky box. Tip: If you have a Smart TV that connects to the internet, you can also get an HDMI cable with built-in Ethernet – so you won’t need as many cables.
How do I connect my Smart TV to an amp without HDMI?
Plug in the optical audio cable into the back of your smart TV and run the cable to an open optical audio input jack on the receiver. Again, chose the menu selection on the TV to “audio out,” Plug in the optical cable into the receiver and again write down the number of the input, if applicable.
Can you connect HDMI wirelessly?
Wireless Video HDMI allows you to wirelessly project up to 4k quality video from your media (set-top box, Blu-ray player, PC, etc.) to your HDTV. You no longer need long, messy cables to connect one to the other! By going wire-free, you can even place your media player and TV in separate rooms in the office.